- System Engineer
Apply on firstname.lastname@example.org
- What? Contract or Full-time
- Salary? Contract Rate: £180 per diem or £35K pa
- Where? Guildford
- Start? January
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer who has worked in an operations role ensuring the smooth running of high performance servers supporting customer bases numbering in the millions and concurrent connections in the hundreds of thousands. The servers support a number of bits of functionality in a game.
- Chilled personality
- 5+ years experience supporting an external-facing infrastructure
- Understanding of operational best practices
- Knowledge of one or more scripting or programming languages
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with configuration management software
- Clear knowledge of basic networking
- Maintain highly-available high traffic services for millions of users
- Build and improve tools, documentation to monitor and deploy our infrastructure
- Participate/Manage in On-Call rotation
- Deals efficiently with outage situations
- Business Development Director
Apply on email@example.com
- What? Full-time
- Salary? Competitive, Share options
- Where? Guildford
- Start? Immediate
Summary - This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Development Director to join the 22cans team.
- Source any third party needs for the business, including art outsourcing and merchandising.
- Proactively investigating the state of the industry and inspiring the team with what is going on in the industry and how that could affect our games and business.
- Pro-actively think of business opportunities, inspiring the team and hunting them down.
- Maintaining all business relationships.
- Set-up and be responsible for the smooth running of all office systems and process.
- Be a respected business leader who could eventually develop into a potential CEO.
- Create and be responsible for the financial planning aspects of the business, including exec reports.
- Prove the financial viability of monetization ideas.
- Handling of light contract evaluation prior to lawyers being involved.
- Responsible for creating and validating financial sections of presentations.
- Generate rigorous KPI on products and game features.
- Assist with staff pay issues.
- Create and manage all employee data including option scheme.
- Being someone who is happy to ‘get their hands dirty’ helping with menial tasks where appropriate.
- Ability to form useful contacts and manage these relationships.
- Inspire with the importance of financial rigour.
- Appreciate the creative process as the way to company success.
- Ability to remain adaptable to a team’s needs.
- Loves and appreciates games.
- Educated minimum at degree level, preferably business focused.
- Advanced office software skills: Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work with ‘big’ personalities.
- Must have a positive outlook.
- Must enjoy working in a team.
- Previous gaming company experience.
Please send a cover email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, also clearly mention the job you are applying for in the subject line.
- Community Manager
Apply on email@example.com
- What? Employee
- Where? Guildford
- Start? Immediate
Summary - At 22cans we put Community at the heart of everything we do. We believe our fans and followers are essential to us making innovative and successful experiences and want to grow our Community management team. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to bring their talents and experience to 22cans, to help engage and grow our already bustling community using existing and as yet, untapped channels.
- Act as expert for all things community, consistently maintaining our key channels. Such as our Forums, 22cans website, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter and Facebook, plus many more.
- Posting regular updates onto our official channels, whilst always seeking opportunity to grow our audience and tracking and measuring our social media impact.
- Maintaining and pro-actively improving processes that seek to provide regular communication to the products local communities, such as external fan sites, admins and key influencers.
- Constant analysis and monitoring of player activity and sentiment, assessing and communicating back to the development team via reports with recommendations.
- Recommendations and execution of activities and events that link up the development team with the 22cans community.
- Plan, drive and create video based community engagement efforts both during in development and at keys events.
- Work in partnership with video creators in the community
- An expert team player, always open to feedback
- Passion for video games, keen gamer with extensive knowledge of the games industry
- High level of experience in communicating in a forum environment
- Knowledge on web content creation and systems
- Expert knowledge on social media channels
- Solid knowledge of video creation and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, Patient and holds a strong ability to remain diplomatic
- Flexible, ability to work on problem solving and dealing with any difficult messaging
- Fantastic work ethic, resulting in exceptional output
- Highly organised, ability to schedule one self
- Excellent MS Office skills
- At least 3-4 years community experience in the games industry
- Knowledge on the Kickstarter platform
- Knowledge of Zendesk
- Knowledge on mobile gaming
- Experience of web design and maintenance
Are you interested in getting some awesome experience in the games industry? Let us know what area you are interested in, whether it be Design, Production, Art, Programming, Discovery or QA and tell us a little bit about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org.