22cans is a small independent games development studio headed up by Peter Molyneux, based in Guildford in the U.K. Currently we’re a collection of about 22 people (spooky) from a variety of backgrounds and with all and levels of experience from veteran to rookie. We are committed to creating unique, innovative entertainment and want to bring new talent into the team to help us.
22cans has a great opportunity for a talented character animator who fancies a key position with lots of ownership and creative control within a small dev team. You’ll need to be a steady, capable all-rounder who can take ownership, help set direction, solve problems and collaborate effectively with other disciplines to make delightful, innovative entertainment.
You’d be primarily working on a new IP with a stylised art direction, destined for multiple platforms but leading on mobile. The major focus would be on in-game, human and creature animation in a variety of environments and situations. However there will also be opportunity to contribute as an animator to cinematic sequences, promotional materials, prop behaviour, maybe even VFX and GUI content.
We’re a small team and if you’re awesome then we’re happy to adapt to your skills, experience, methodology and ambition but there are some essentials:
You should really have:
- Strong character animation skills.
- Solid experience in Maya.
- A thorough understanding and competency at all stages of the animation pipeline from concept through to final implementation.
- Good communication skills and be enthusiastic about taking an active part in development.
What; you have all that and …!
- Are familiar with Unity.
- Are interested in how VFX and GUI can animate in compelling ways.
- Have useful Rendering and Compositing skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a programmer to join the 22cans team. This team recently released the chart topping game Godus on Android and iOS. We are looking for someone who has worked primarily in C++ on a variety of game systems for games running on iOS or Android.
We are looking for someone to take ownership for building new features and supporting Godus as we transition into a new IP. There will be plenty of support provided while coming up to speed and also there will be the opportunity to move onto the new IP as soon as practical. This position is ideal for a programmer who is comfortable diving into a large codebase and figuring out how it works.
- The confidence to join a project and become a productive team member within a couple of weeks without substantial supervision.
- Well-developed communication skills, capable of both giving and taking direction, and functioning within a team. Should know when and what questions to ask as well as being able to concisely describe technical issues, risks and solutions at the right level for the target audience.
Essential Skills (priority order)
- Exposure to one or more of a variety of game systems (navigation, game logic, graphics, animation)
- Open GL
- 3d Maths
- Marmalade cross platform library
- Environments: Xcode, Developer Studio
- Development tools: perforce
- Experience in agile software development methods
- Unreal Engine
If you have talent, are a nice person to work with and are interested in contributing to unique projects, then please submit your details and a link to your portfolio. It might take a little time, but you will be considered for any suitable roles that arise in the future