22cans is a small independent games development studio headed up by Peter Molyneux, based in Guildford in the U.K. Currently we’re a collection of about 22 people (spooky) from a variety of backgrounds and with all and levels of experience from veteran to rookie. We are committed to creating unique, innovative entertainment and want to bring new talent into the team to help us.
We’re looking for a talented and adaptable generalist to work in-house. You’ll be part of a small art team within a dynamic development environment so as well as talent, flexibility and adaptability are key. 3D modelling in Maya and texturing will be the mainstay but be prepared to have some U.I. work, marketing materials, R&D and even pre-visualisation work come your way. Games Industry experience and personal maturity will be a distinct advantage in being able to meet these expectations to the required level but we accept there are exceptions to this rule.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and wider Art team to create art content which supports and compliments game design and user experience.
- Model and texture high quality 3D assets and environments in a variety of styles.
- Assist with the creation of other visual content where required.
- Strong fundamental art skills and visual awareness.
- A demonstrable eye for, and commitment to, detail and quality.
- Strong competence in Autodesk Maya.
- Strong competence in Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to variety of styles and visual treatments.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Relevant development experience. Having released at least one significant, title.
- Successful Degree or equivalent in visual arts
- Competence in other mainstream art tools..
- Competence in Unreal 4.
- 2D Illustration skills
- An awareness of visual trends and styles across various media.
- An awareness of trends in gaming and the gaming industry.